Wonderspring’s preschool and pre-k program focuses on a child’s preparedness for kindergarten. Children are encouraged to learn about the world around them through a balance of play, exploration, and activities. Throughout the year, fine motor skills are practiced in fun and creative ways. Teachers use a project-based learning approach, planning activities based on children’s inquiries and interests of the study topics. For a sample schedule go here.
Wonderspring recognizes learning goes beyond the classroom and provides opportunities for parents to be involved in the program both during the school day and at home.
Our Preschool and Pre-K program:
- Utilizes The Creative Curriculum for Preschool
- Emphasizes child-directed knowledge acquisition through play and exploration
- Offers exposure to and participation in music, art and STEM
- Allows children to explore topics in a project-based approach
- Provides a classroom environment filled with open-ended materials
- Offers daily outside play (weather permitting)
- Offers activities that are individualized to meet each child’s educational goals.
- Provides a literacy-rich environment that build pre-reading skills
- Implements the Second Step Curriculum Social Emotional Curriculum,which focuses on the child’s ability to recognize emotions and manage their feelings.
- Utilizes positive behavior management strategies